Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oops



Wow, I’ve just realized it’s been nearly a year since I made a post. I have no excuse except that, I have two children, and no time. Or, maybe, by the time there is time my sanity has fled for the evening. These days I really check out at 5pm. I’m done. 12hrs is my maximin shift level apparently. After 12hrs I’m tapped out, and don’t really care what happens anymore. Trash my living room? Whatever. Don’t eat dinner? Whatever. No bath? Whatever. Want to play outside in shorts and flip flops when it’s 40 degrees out? Whatever. You’ll come in once you get cold. House on fire? Sure, whatever.

So putting together a blog post, or even sitting down to stare blankly at my computer screen trying to remember the funny, important, harrowing, events of my day? Forget it.




Plus, I’ve been exercising. So now, instead of sitting, or folding laundry, or cleaning my house, or doing the dishes, or typing, I go to the gym. I like the gym. There are no children there. In the long run it really means that I get less sleep. When it comes down to it, I eventually have to do all those things I’m putting on hold to go to the gym. I enjoy it though. It’s the one thing most days that I do just for me. So I give myself a pass.




So, expect more random blog entries. (you know, as opposed to daily ones... or weekly ones... or... whatever) As it turns out, I don’t have “spare time,” (I’m sure it’s a myth) I make time for everything that I do, and some time it’s just too hard to squeeze those extra minutes out of a day. Plus, really, I forgot I had a blog until one of my friends said, "this is so funny, you should write a blog." I was all, "I do have a blog... I think... I have a vague memory of a blog." So now that i've been reminded I have a blog I'm going to try and post more often. Even if it's not at all interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment