Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I am Mommy

I am Mommy. 
I wash hair, cut nails, clean cuts, kiss booboos, brush teeth, do laundry, wash dishes, and make bottles. I change diapers, sheets, outfits, and clothing multiple times a day. I clean pee, poop, puke, blood, snot, crumbs, and miscellaneous sticky stuff. I hold my children up with praise, and down for shots. I am teacher, nurse, chauffeur, art director, dietitian, and coach. I teach lessons and enforce rules. I make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I clean it off the table, floor, walls, and blinds. I go without sleep, food, and often showers. I don’t get vacation days, sicks days, pay, or (often) acknowledgment. I don’t go to the bathroom alone. I shower with the door, and curtain, open. My life is primary colored, motion activated, and runs on batteries. I care for children, dogs, and fish. I do play dates, play class, music class, art class, and children’s museums.  I teach numbers, colors, letters, and tame tantrums. I pray for health, help, and sanity.  I am the center of someone's universe.  I comfort my children when they are hurt, hold them when they are sick, pick them up when the fall, and let them use me to climb higher. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail, but I always try. 
I am a mom, and I’m sure I’m not alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment